Saturday, September 26, 2009

Love Makes the World Go 'Round.....


I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You
I do not love you except because I love you;
I go from loving to not loving you,From waiting to not waiting for you
My heart moves from cold to fire.
I love you only because it's you the one I love;I hate you deeply, and hating you
Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you
Is that I do not see you but love you blindly.
Maybe January light will consume
My heart with its cruel Ray, stealing my key to true calm.
In this part of the story I am the one whoDies,
the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood. -Pablo Neruda

Whew! That was deep! This is a poem that I can read over and over again and feel as if it was written just for me. It captures all the feelings that I have inside. Love is a powerful emotion. One minute you can feel as though you are floating in the clouds and the next minute you feel like you're life is going to end. Some would say that "love is like a drug" but really, for some individuals, this can turn out to be true. Check out this article from cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/02/14/science.of.love/

I've fallen in love, out of love and back in love again.(lol) It's a feeling that words can't describe. A feeling that only you can experience for yourself. Anyone that knows me, knows that Love Jones is my favorite movie of all times. I joke all the time that I'm waiting to find my Darius Lovehall. Ha! But seriously, I believe this movie depicts a REAL relationship. Sometimes it's not going to make sense. You're not going to be happy 100% of the time. However, the bad times should never outweigh the good. When two people love each other, they are willing to fight to make it work. Compromise! For instance, if you're in a long distance relationship, that could mean moving out of you're comfort zone in order to make it work with your mate. And PLEASE understand that love is also an action. You can't just say it and leave it at that. Put some action behind those words! Give it a try...do something out of the norm. I can almost guarantee success!
At this very moment I'm missing someone that I love dearly, but I had to let go. Right now I feel as though I lost the fight. Do I still love him? Yes. Does he love me? Yes. But, like I said before, sometimes it doesn't make sense. Maybe right now isn't the time for us but I'm content with knowing that I experienced true love. And that my dear, is priceless.

Until next time......

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG girl, I feel like you were writing the exact story of my last relationship! I wrote something, very similar, about a year ago. Like you, however, I finally realized that I HAD to let go. Here's to both of us finding that one that will love us the way we deserve to be loved in return!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Alicia

Shunda said...

I'll toast to that!!!!

KD'smom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KD'smom said...

I know how you feel. When I first got married I use to wonder if I got married to get away from the past or did I really love my husband. And, could I love that hard again because I felt so drained from the past but God gives you strength you need to make the right decision in life, and I made the BEST decision I have made in my life. When God blesses you it comes easy and it doesn't make you cry or hurt it will make you happy...Love Ya

KD'smom said...

I was trying to take my name off of the comment but now it shows I removed the post LOL..Oh well :-)

Shunda said...

LOL Well, thanks for posting! I always like to hear from people that have went through something similiar. What you said just lets me know that it will definitely get better and the hurt only lasts for a moment but happiness lasts a lifetime! Thank you!