Monday, September 28, 2009

Friends....How Many of Us Have Them?


After talking to a really good friend of mine yesterday, I realized that we sometimes take for granted the people that God has put in our lives. I am so thankful to know that I have friends and family that love and support me no matter what. Most people learn at an early age that there is a major difference between friends and associates, unfortunately it takes some a little longer than others. It makes me sad to think that some people go through life without knowing what it feels like to have someone accept and love them for who they are. Not because of what you can do for them, how much money you have, your so called status, etc. but just because you are YOU. Just like any other relationship you might have misunderstandings or diasgreements, but true friendship will withstand almost anything. Several people have come into my life, but I can count my real friends on one hand. I honestly believe that everyone comes in your life for a reason and after they serve there purpose, their time is up! It may sound harsh but it's true. Some people just aren't meant to stay in your life forever. Cherish your true friendships and the REAL people that you have in your life.

Ironically, I checked my email after I finished my entry and this was in my inbox....

"Sometimes, in order to embrace the destiny God has in store, you have to be willing to make some changes in your life. You have to be willing to examine where you are and what you need to move forward. This may mean you need to change some friends that you're spending time with. Maybe they were fine for a season in your life, but you've outgrown them. This is a new season, and in order for you to rise higher, you have to break away from relationships that are limiting you. You have to develop some new friendships with people who are going to pull you up and inspire you to rise higher. I've found if you're the smartest one in your group, your group is too small. Find people who are smarter than you are, people who will challenge you to stretch to the next level and become everything God's created you to be. Remember, he who walks with the wise becomes wise. Choose your friends wisely so that you can walk and live in the destiny God has in store for you." - Joel Osteen

Weird, right?! I know!

Until next time....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, you are wise beyond your years! lol

I know I've had some major changes this year. First, getting out of an abusive relationship with a guy I almost married... thankfully, I have kiddos I have to keep me strong each and every day in that aspect! You know how we can get... screw with me, that's one thing, but screw my kids, and your *ss is grass! lol Fortunately, I woke up and didn't let it come to that point, but I still deal with the guilt of my nine year old being so stressed out, worrying that I would return to this jerk.

I, also, came to some hard realizations, in seeing that people are not always who they imagine them to be. I have idolized my father my entire life. I went to Cali Feb. 1st, for a "new start". Turned out, I didn't know my father at all, as he had become a raging alcoholic... and a mean one at that. My kiddo and I packed what we could shove in the ol' Explorer, and headed back 'cross country to Oklahoma a couple months ago, after being fed up with that situation.

It's really amazing how things turn out... my family out here... I've always felt "disconnected" from. I've got my Mom and all my siblings (technically half siblings, but we've never considered that). Although this side of the family has always had its problems, I'm soooo thankful to be back in Oklahoma, where I know what life's about, how to deal. I have a few amazing friends, whom I consider my family.

It's been a rough year, for sure, but it taught me a lot about life, expectations, and just, plain, being happy. My son and I are, now, in a tiny one bedroom apartment, and poor as all get out financially, but we're HOME! We are in OUR home, where nobody can make us feel unsafe, and where we know love abounds. That's exactly what we need, for this "season" of our lives!

Thanks for your amazing insight!!! :) I really look forward to seeing your blog grow, as you have the ability to touch a lot of hearts!

EscapeArtist24 said...

So true, people come into your life for just a season, while others are there for a lifetime, and those are the ones who usually tell you what you don't want to hear, and love you no matter what happens.