Monday, December 14, 2009

My Test of Faith...


I haven't posted anything on here in awhile..I missed writing! I know most of my posts usually have to do with love and relationships but this time I felt compelled to change it up a bit. Most recently I haven't been feeling very well, partly due to stress(Note: Stress can kill you!). I was experiencing chest pains, shortness of breath, and many other symptoms that lead me to believe I was dying!(Dramatic..I know) I had to go to the ER twice and no one could tell me anything...talk about scared. Actually, scared may not be the best word....I was petrified! But, let me start from the beginning..it all started after I went to the doctor and she told me that she saw some blockage in my heart...WTH? Blockage? I'm only 27 years old and I exercise on a regular basis...ok, so my diet isn't the best but it's not the worst. Anyway, she referred me to a cardiologist just to make sure it wasnt anything serious. The first thought that came to my mind was "I'm too young to die!" There are so many things I haven't accomplished! But, age has nothing to at all to do with it. Of course, when I left her office and I got in my car, I started crying. I didn't know what else to do!  Moving on...I scheduled an appointment with the cardiologist and they ran all these tests on me to make sure that there was nothing seriously wrong with my heart or lungs. They noticed that my pulmonary artery was enlarged but he assured me that it was nothing to worry about. I promise I have never in my life prayed the way I've prayed in the last couple of weeks. I didn't want to talk to anybody but God because I knew He was the only one that could bring me through this. I knew this was a test of my faith and I wasn't going to allow the devil to take over my mind or my body.

When all this was happening, I started to think about what was really important. I thought about all the people in my life that I love and cherish. I can only speak for myself when I say that it took something like this to open my eyes to life and what matters the most. Life is too short to worry about things that don't matter or those things that we cannot change. I had a habit of dwelling on the past...I couldn't help it! I often wondered why things turned out a certain way or what I couldn've done to change the outcome. Who does that?? ME! What I had to realize is the past is the past and that's that. The present and the future are the only two moments of time that I should care about. One thing is for sure...my relationship with God is much stronger and this has truly shown me that with Him by side I can handle anything that the devil throws my way. I know that I am truly blessed and right now my happiness and good health mean more to me than anything.

I thought I would keep it short and simple with this one...lol

Thanks for listening....

3 comments:

Bernice said...

Im happy all is well with you... I remember one year I was working constantly until 2am and was back at work at 9am. I basically put my job first and neglected my family. My intuition was telling me to visit my father and I brushed it off because I was too tired from work. Shortly after he was hospitalized and died. It sucks that it took that moment to realize what's important but it was a lesson learned.

Shunda said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes we get so caught up in our careers and other things that we sometimes forget what's really important. Your father knew you loved him and that's what's really important.

Be blessed.

Melanie ~ Primary Thoughts, Inc. said...

Free - glad to read that everything worked out. It's hard to keep things in perspective - amazing how easily we allow life to carry us along.